Electrical Engineer - Product Development / Robotics
Electrical Engineering /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 120 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer (80 - 100%) to join our team of PIONEERS and robot enthusiasts. We develop custom hardware/electronic solutions which ultimately enable our robot to perform its inspection and maintenance tasks repeatedly and reliably. The complexity of our robots requires careful orchestration of multiple disciplines, thus a lively collaboration of experts in the fields of mechanical, software and production engineering is essential for the success of our products. We are passionate about deploying excellent robotics systems and take full responsibility for the quality of our hardware design.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- In collaboration with other electrical, software, mechanical and production experts, you will be responsible for the design and maintenance of our robot’s electronics.
- Verify all designs against the corresponding product/system requirements, including electromagnetic compatibility, safety and radio frequency compliance, among others.
- Drive the introduction of improvements to the manufacturability and testability of our electronics in addition to continuously easing the assembly process for our robotic products
- Launch, drive and/or coordinate investigations on complex electronics-related challenges
- Identify and leverage synergies between different hardware systems
- Form a productive working relationship with our operations and software development teams
- Degree in electrical engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s) from a University or University of Applied Sciences
- A minimum of 2 years of industrial experience with a proven track record in electronics design for high production volumes.
- Strong knowledge base in design of custom, electromagnetically-compliant electronic systems and experience coordinating engineering changes and general continuous quality improvements
- Well acquainted with common PCBA design software and experience with complex, multi-layered boards
- Ability to verify and troubleshoot electronic systems including a solid hands-on approach using standard and advanced electrical measurement equipment
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Experience with mechatronic hardware systems
- Experience with design of explosion proof electronics and/or radio frequency equipment compliance
- Firmware programming
- ROS/ROS2 knowledge
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.