Team Lead Robot Perception
Zurich, Switzerland /
Software Engineering /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 50 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Our quadruped ANYmal is equipped with state-of-the-art perception sensors (LIDAR, stereo cameras, etc.) to achieve autonomous inspection of challenging environments such as industrial sites, power plants, and subterranean systems.
We are looking for a senior perception engineer to join our fast-paced robot perception team. Your role will be to lead the perception team and to further develop the perception skills of our robot including state estimation, localization & mapping and evaluation, data processing and calibration of sensors (cameras, LIDAR, IMU). You should feel at ease working in a small agile team, leading discussions, proposing novel solutions and carrying them out from implementation to support with your team.
- Lead your team members and further develop the perception team by identifying new roles, recruiting and training new employees
- Take technical leadership in developing state-of-the-art algorithms for robot perception
- Contribute to the maintenance and support of the perception software stack
- Consult with the hardware team on sensor specifications
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in robotics, computer science or equivalent robotics experience
- 3+ years of experience as a team lead and software engineer delivering results within robotics, or automotive project environments
- Experience in leading complex engineering projects and experience in hiring, leading and growing a team
- Expert knowledge in robot localization & mapping as well as knowledge of algorithms and data structures relevant to robot perception
- Experience in computer vision and machine learning
- Good understanding of LIDAR, camera, IMU and other perception sensors
- Entrepreneurial mind, passionate about project and people management
- Strategic, collaborative and execution-focused
- Experience with Linux and ROS is a plus
You are an engaged personality, used to work proactively and with precision – on your own and in a team – and you are passionate about your work. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.