Customer Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA/Remote /
Marketing – Marketing /
How your customers are engaging with you is changing. Driven by new generations, consumption is shifting away from physical goods to experiences. To remain relevant, brands must offer value-creating experiences that include events, appointments, classes, and field activations to engage consumers and build deeper relationships.
AnyRoad enables brands to build and strengthen long-term relationships with consumers through experiences. We do this by modernizing and consolidating the experience tech stack, capturing, ingesting, and organizing experiential and consumer data, and applying data science to give your teams the intelligence they need to run industry-leading experiential programs and positively change consumer behavior and grow revenue.
The Customer Marketing Manager reports to the VP of Product Marketing. This role is focused on Customer Advocacy, Customer Stories, 3rd Party Reviews, Reference Management, Customer Advisory Board, User Groups, Technical CAB, Customer Retention Programs, Customer Communications and Newsletters. They will partner with the Customer Success and Sales organizations to build relationships with customers, creating strong advocates, loyal customers and impacting overall net retention.
This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing and will work in a hybrid model out of our San Francisco office.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Customer Success Outcomes Managers globally to engage and recruit new customers prime for acts of advocacy (case studies, reference calls, referrals, speaking engagements, 3rd party reviews, networking opportunities, etc.) and build strong ongoing relationships with advocates that transcend transactional asks of advocacy
- Work cross-functionally with all teams in Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Product to source thought leadership, content and discussion topics to thoughtfully and continuously engage customers and advocates
- Lead Customer Marketing service bureau to source and match customers to speak with analysts and press, give feedback on key initiatives, speak at events/ on panels for Field Marketing, participate in Beta testing and research panels
- Manage formalized reference management process; ensuring that requested and completed reference calls are tracked and measured and the advocate is recognized for their support
- Manage sourcing & prioritization, trafficking, and distribution of customer case studies, videos, and testimonials
- Own the internal and external maintenance of all customer assets and logos across sales collateral, website, 3rd party sites, etc. and content deliverables (Diagio logo slides, case study sales slides, new customer acquisition recaps, etc.)
- Develop and manage a systematized process for contracted rights to customer logos, tracking & reporting, and application across all marketing initiatives
- Own the relationship with 3rd party review sites such as G2 and Capterra, manage profile pages, leverage buyer intent data, and execute campaigns to drive more reviews.
- Partner with Operations to leverage available tech stack to build automation and efficiencies into Customer Marketing processes
What We're Looking For:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role in customer experience, community management, customer success and/or marketing
- You approach everything with creativity, you excel at engaging and motivating advocates with out-of-the-box thinking and innovative programs
- You act as the voice of the customer and collaborate cross-functionally to improve the customer experience
- You have excellent communication, writing, follow-up, and storytelling skills
- Must be able to multitask and work on several projects, often under tight timelines, and consistently deliver measurable results
- You have outstanding internal and external customer communication and relationship-building skills
- You’re flexible, have a can-do attitude and the ability to thrive in a very dynamic environment
- Experience with social media and marketing campaigns is a plus
Why Join Us?
- Ground-floor opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company's growth
- This is a unique opportunity to build out and grow the Marketing function
- Diversity is a key part of our personality and our growth. We are a gender-balanced company, and encourage women and minority applicants
- Series B backed by leading investors such as BlackRock, Andreessen Horowitz and Rally Ventures.
- Health, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Unlimited time off and flexible work hours
AnyRoad is the leading Experience Relationship Management (ERM) platform enabling global brands to properly measure, scale, and implement their experiential marketing campaigns. AnyRoad helps companies create brand loyalty, change consumer behavior, and better understand their brand associations by providing them with data intelligence sourced from experience-based marketing. Companies like Anheuser-Busch, Honda, Michaels, and Tabasco all count on AnyRoad to measure the impact of their experiential marketing. AnyRoad’s software integrates into CRM, loyalty, ERP, and POS systems to complete the loop, building the model of exactly how these experiences build loyalty, increase brand perception, and increase revenue.
Our day-to-day is infused with a sense of collaboration, motivation, and the shared goal of helping AnyRoad succeed. We emphasize sharing knowledge, taking ownership, and continual learning. When we hire, we’re looking as much for character, curiosity and communication skills as for role-specific aptitude. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. It might be an expected comment, but it’s worth saying that we really thoroughly enjoy working together.