San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
As an engineering manager at Anyscale, you will guide the vision, recruit, and enable a high performing engineering team that solves complex distributed systems challenges at scale while creating a compelling product on top of the open-source project Ray.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
- Build a high performing team capable of delivering great products
- Drive execution
- Coach and mentor engineers
- Recruit new employees
- Work with team and product management to shape technical roadmap
- Design and implement scalable engineering processes
- Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high performing teams
- Ability to ensure a high hiring bar, motivate team, coach/mentor and handle performance management issues
- Strong individual contributor, experience in distributed systems or machine learning is a plus
- A great track record of execution
- A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills
- Effective communication
Must be willing to work onsite in our office.
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!