San Francisco, CA /
At Anyscale, building and growing a vibrant community around the open source Ray project is a top priority. We believe that a strong and engaged community will help us accelerate our mission to empower every developer to build scalable, distributed applications. We are looking for a passionate Developer Advocate to help us grow and nurture an active community of Ray users, especially in the large-scale machine learning platforms and applications space.
A little about you:
Are you the kind of person that keeps up with new technologies and latest trends in scaling and running production ML applications and platforms? Do you feel energized by engaging with the developer / engineer community — presenting at meetups and conferences; creating demos and examples to share the art of the possible; answering technical questions on Discuss forums, StackOverflow, Twitter etc; creating tutorial blogs and videos to help users be successful; hosting unconference and birds of a feather style sessions to foster learning and knowledge sharing. Do you love channeling community feedback back to product and engineering teams to help improve the developer experience?
Well, this might just be your dream job.
We are looking to bring on our first Developer Advocate to help us grow and nurture the Ray community. From writing blogs and presenting talks at meetups and conferences to engaging with the community on social and other forums, you will be constantly thinking about driving awareness and adoption about the Ray ecosystem, and helping the community be successful. Title is flexible, and can be changed to align with experience and seniority for the right candidate.
We are open to different backgrounds and levels of seniority! Title is flexible, and can be adjusted to align with experience and seniority for the right candidate.
Note: This role will be based onsite in our SF office. Our current plan to return to office is October 1, 2021.
What you will do (a sample of):
- Submit CFPs, and give talks at relevant conferences
- Organize meetups (both present, and solicit presenters for the Ray meetups)
- Attend developer-focussed events, and engage with community
- Create tutorials and other technical content (blogs, videos, etc)
- Monitor online channels (Twitter, Discuss, etc) and answers questions
- Generate ideas of developer-focussed content marketing
- Define metrics to track impact and efficacy of various advocacy activities
- Find creative ways to engage with the community, and drive participation
- Communicate product feedback / bugs to engineering team
What you bring along
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant experience as a developer / engineer
- Demonstrated ability to craft and deliver compelling technical content - including talks, videos, blogs, demos, etc.
- Direct experience (and passion for) building scalable machine learning applications / platforms; you are familiar with the ecosystem and common challenges.
- Strong communications skills — both written and oral
- Hands-on Python experience
- Familiarity / experience with the Ray ecosystem
- Experience working for a startup or an early-stage company
- Experience with open-source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with growing developer community, with clear demonstrable metrics
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.