San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering /
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About the role:
We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals who are excited to build tools that will power the next generation of cloud applications. If the idea of an infinite laptop appeals to you, let's build the future of software development together.
We're hiring exceptional software engineers for a variety of open roles, including:
As part of this role, you will:
- Develop high-quality software to empower software developers and simplify programming.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of experts in distributed systems and machine learning.
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts.
- Help us build and shape an inclusive and diverse company.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess a solid background in algorithms, data structures, and system design.
- Have experience in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience working with a cloud technology stack (e.g., AWS, GCP, Kubernetes).
- Experience building machine learning training pipelines or inference services in a production setting.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g., Spark, Flink, Hadoop).
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target base salary for this role is $142,000 - $285,000. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish