San Francisco, CA /
We’re looking for our first Content Marketer to help us communicate the story and value of Anyscale in all marketing content. From packing a punch into 280 characters to crafting compelling copy for an email drip campaign to agonizing over the best 7 words to communicate the essence of a launch in a banner, you will be responsible for planning, writing, and editing marketing content for various formats and channels. As the first content marketer at Anyscale, this is an impactful role with a potential to truly shape our story, tone, and voice for years to come.
A little about you:
You are the kind of person that deeply cares about the written word. You have strong opinions about Oxford commas and em dashes, and are likely mentally editing this job description as you are reading it. You have experience working in technical or developer-focussed companies, and enjoy partnering with both engineers and creatives to find the best words to communicate ideas to the reader. You love the creation and experimentation process, but also care about measuring and reporting the impact of your work (and content in general). You thrive in a high-growth environment and are comfortable with the fluidity that comes with it.
We are open to different backgrounds and levels of seniority! Title is flexible, and can be adjusted to align with experience and seniority for the right candidate.
Note: This role will be based onsite in our SF office. Our current plan to return to office is October 1, 2021.
What you will do (a sample list):
- Plan, write, and edit marketing content across various formats, including social, emails, web pages, user stories, and more
- Establish style, tone, and voice guidelines
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish content process and calendar to align with business goals
- Provide editorial guidance on technical content to technical authors
- Create a structured way of measuring and reporting on content impact
What you bring along:
- 5+ years of experience writing about technical (ideally, developer-focussed) software products in a content marketing or related role
- Rich portfolio of content for different channels, campaigns, and formats (please include a link to your portfolio in the application)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and ability to establish voice and tone guidelines in an early startup environment
- Experience collaborating with technical and creative stakeholders to plan and execute on content projects
- Experience with content marketing in data, machine learning and/or AI space
- Experience setting up content measurement and reporting
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.