Head of Recruiting
San Francisco, CA /
About the Role
We're looking for a Head of Recruiter to join our growing Recruiting team with a focus on driving operational excellence for the hiring. This role will sit at the center of our recruiting strategy, support a high volume of complex stakeholders, and influence nearly every aspect of the hiring process. Given the small size of this team, significant growth opportunities exist for a greater scope and impact.
As part of this role, you will:
- Provide an exceptional level of strategic partnership, operational excellence and experience building Talent Acquisition teams to create an incredibly efficient and effective TA team at Anyscale.
- Provide strategic guidance and partnership to the executive leadership, bring clarity from vision to execution for the Talent Team to identify and build on capabilities that drive business impact.
- Establish talent metrics that inspire team performance while helping business leaders make informed decisions on process and strategy.
- Implement innovative sourcing, referral, and recruitment strategies with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs (e.g., help us build an effective and compelling Hybrid talent sourcing strategy given intensive shifts in the marketplace to go remote-first).
- Drive our talent branding strategy, building a cohesive message and positioning that resonates with the people we need to hire most.
- Develop hiring plans and engagement strategies that cultivate diversity, inclusion, and equity to meet business objectives.
- Influence workforce and headcount planning with partner teams by leveraging analytics that tell a story and influences high quality decision making on resource allocation, including when not to hire.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and hiring managers in headcount planning ensuring we're thoughtfully considering organizational design.
- Design and refine what we automate, when, why and how. Ensure that our systems, tools and training support a best-in-class candidate experience that scales and is as efficient and insightful as possible.
- Role model and build a team that fosters a culture of courage, psychological safety, unwillingness to settle for status quo, that has grit, a strong growth mindset, and the ability to rapidly innovate and adapt as we scale. Essentially a team that is motivated and ready to scale rapidly, doing extremely hard things, under tight timelines and in a hyper growth environment.
- Lead, coach and effectively manage the global Talent Acquisition and Operation team’s performance while fostering a collaborative, nurturing, and development focused team culture.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition and recruiting related field in a high volume environment
- 5+ years building and scaling Talent Acquisition teams to support a high growth environment (e.g., 2-3x annually)
- Experience working with scaling teams beyond U.S., e.g., to Europe, Asia
- Previous in-house experience, preferably in a start-up or technology driven organization
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing creative talent acquisition strategies
- Proven experience setting key performance indicators and targets, presenting key metrics to management, and making data lead decisions.
- Experience building feedback loops that enable the team to quickly identify opportunities to improve, implement potential fixes and track impact as the work unfolds.
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing, highly productive and healthy teams across recruiting functions including technical and non-technical recruiting, Recruiting Operations, Programs, and University Recruiting in a hyper growth environment.
- Well demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and deploy highly effective processes that distribute the right resources at the right time to enable quick, successful action and execution.
- Breadth of experience and expertise working across varying functional groups (including technology and business roles) and career levels.
- An ability to champion and lead change and knowing how to rally your own team and others to take swift action in the face of ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information.
- A demonstrated ability and passion for staying vigilant for opportunities that accelerate the business toward achievement of company level goals
- A strong bias to action and continuous learning and improvement and an ability to build a team culture with the same.
- Knowledge of workforce planning and headcount forecasting
- Experience with Lever (ATS) and a strong understanding of what the best automation systems and tools are available to run a highly efficient and effective TA team.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund. With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.