Software Engineer (Cloud Platform)
San Francisco, CA /
About the Cloud Platform team:
The Cloud Platform team builds the foundational blocks of Anyscale's serverless infrastructure end-to-end. This includes cluster orchestration, autoscaling, logging, metrics, billing, and a multi-cloud, multi-region architecture that provides a reliable and scalable managed Ray experience for Anyscale customers.
We are also responsible for providing our customers with a serverless experience where they do not have to worry about managing resources, connecting to the clusters, starting/managing clusters, or even having the right environment for their workloads. We give the user an infinite laptop experience, as if their laptop can scale seamlessly to a cluster without the user noticing. They just run the application on their laptop and our infrastructure manages everything under the hood. The Cloud Platform team’s work spans both open source Ray and the proprietary Anyscale products.
A snapshot of projects you can work on:
- Tracking the usage of cluster resources
- Provisioning and managing the life cycle of Ray clusters managed by Anyscale
- Building a client for Ray to enable the infinite laptop experience
- Building billing infrastructure, cluster monitoring, and cost tracking
As part of this role, you will:
- Design and develop Anyscale’s high performance serverless infrastructure end to end
- Design and develop Anyscale’s infinite laptop experience.
- Work with a team of leading distributed systems and machine learning experts
- Communicate your work to a broader audience through talks, tutorials, and blog posts
- Help us to build and shape a world class company
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, system design
- Experience in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A great track record of execution
- A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills and can effectively share your work with a broader audience through writing and speaking
- Experience with Python
- Experience with distributed computing, Kubernetes, cloud computing, gRPC, and cloud providers
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.