Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
This role is Anyscale’s 1st product marketing hire. This role will be critical to Anyscale properly growing, positioning, and marketing our products. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and marketing in order to successfully roll out Anyscale’s core products.
Anyscale just launched our product in private beta, and we’ve received a wave of excitement from the market. While this role is for an individual contributor to start, we seek a leader who’s going to drive the process, vision for how we roll out products, and ensure that we’re doing so efficiently and effectively. This role has the potential to grow into a management role.
Our product is inherently technical, so we’re looking for folks that know how to communicate about technical products with multiple audiences - whether it’s the C-suite or an individual engineer.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A funding led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) with participation from NEA, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
- Being the marketing arm of the product team, you’ll work intimately with the product team and will have a huge influence on product direction
- Driving crisp communication about our products and services
- Developing product and marketing strategies to help us build our excitement in the market, including everything from ads to events
- Building marketing collateral and working with SMEs (like developers) to create and publish great content about Anyscale’s product
- Defining and owning key product marketing KPIs so we know we are making high quality and timely decisions. This includes both our open and closed source products.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
Must be willing to work onsite in our office.
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!