San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale is hiring a User Experience Researcher! This candidate will have passion for using user research to shape amazing user experiences and a successful business.
This role will work closely with our product designers, product manager, engineers and the leadership team. You will take a research topic (detailed or nebulous) and come back with actionable insight for the company. You will be responsible for ensuring that the customers’ needs are well understood and carefully considered in the product development process.
This role will require experience being hands on and understanding technical workflows and use cases. Anyscale is a developer oriented product and we’ll want someone who is passionate about working with our end-users.
As part of this role, you will:
- Develop research plans, choose the appropriate research methodology for a given research topic.
- Develop necessary instruments (e.g. surveys, interview questions) in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Execute the research (e.g. recruiting interview participants, sending surveys to the right recipients).
- Synthesize raw data into actionable insight.
- Advocate for users internally using their knowledge.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven success in integrating user research into a business’s product design practice.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a User Experience Researcher on a SaaS or enterprise product.
- Strong comprehension of different research methods and the ability to select the appropriate method for a given research topic.
- Experience in conducting various types of research, such as participant recruitment, survey design, qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and partnership with stakeholders from different job functions.
- Passion about the Anyscale product domain.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.