San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
We are looking for our first Technical Sourcer to help scale our team! This is an opportunity to lay the groundwork for creative sourcing strategies in engaging top talent across different roles. Responsibilities will include finding creative ways to attract passive candidates, delivering a delightful candidate experience, implementing scalable processes, and using data to constantly refine our processes.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
As part of your role you will:
- Partner with recruiters and hiring managers to source great candidates and build a diverse pipeline
- Understand and adapt to changing hiring needs, and in turn and build creative strategies for engaging passive talent across roles, including underrepresented groups in tech
- Build and improve our sourcing strategy - you'll drive effective and scalable processes, and continue to fine-tune the best approaches to sourcing, structured interviewing, and candidate experience
- Stay up to date on market, company, and technology trends to maintain a consistent flow of talent
- Partner with recruiters to ensure a great candidate experience from sourcing through the offer stage
- Establish a data-driven approach to tracking the effectiveness of your sourcing strategy based on candidate source, messaging, and other criteria.
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- At least 2 years of sourcing experience, in-house or agency.
- Successful track record in sourcing technical talent, from engineers to product managers to designers across various levels. Bonus if you've managed non-technical roles as well!
- Deep understanding of recent market and tech trends, and ability to apply knowledge to proactively identify and engage passive talent
- Ability to network and nurture long term relationships with passive candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- A growth mindset and truly flexible, you can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change
- Strong analytical skills - you'll build a system to track sourcing metrics and draw actionable insights
- An active and data driven approach to problem solving, you enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to improve your process and make it more efficient, and you are unafraid of trying new things and embracing new ideas
- An interest in and familiarity with software development and technology
Must be willing to work onsite in our office.
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!