Software Engineer (Windows)
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale aims to provide the next generation of tools and infrastructure to make developing and running distributed applications in the cloud as easy as on your laptop. It’s a platform on top of Ray, an open source framework that provides a simple, flexible, and universal API for building and running distributed applications.
Ray currently runs on MacOS and Linux. Though most clusters and distributed execution environments ran Linux, developers needed to prototype on their local laptop or desktop, which often was a Windows machine. We are looking for a Windows Engineer, to support and maintain the Windows build to make sure more developers can leverage Ray.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
As part of your role you will:
- Build, configure, and deploy Windows OS and applications based on product specs and to ensure high level of compliance
- Collaborate closely with the product design and product management teams to iterate and refine product requirements
- Automate deployment and configuration changes for scalability and reproducibility
- Troubleshoot and repair OS issues
- Serve as the Windows SME in escalations from customers
- Create detailed technical documentation for procedures
We're looking for someone who has:
- Deep technical knowledge in Windows, operating systems, and compilers. Experience in distributed systems or machine learning is a plus
- A great track record of execution
- A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills
- Effective communication
Must be willing to work onsite in our office.
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!