San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale is growing its Solutions Architect team! The role will be the point person for working with our end users as they onboard onto Anyscale. Anyscale just launched our product in private beta, and we’ve received a wave of excitement from the market. While this role is for an individual contributor to start, we seek a leader who’s going to drive process, structure customer onboarding and pre-sales, and ensure we’re building an effective and efficient sales machine.
This role will be critical to Anyscale’s success and will have an opportunity for huge impact on both Anyscale the company and the product. You’ll work closely with product management and sales to ensure that our product has the right experiences and shape to drive value in customer engagements.
The ideal candidate will be a scrappy executor, able to work with minimal supervision and lead complex POCs with our users, as well as someone with strong coding fundamentals, ideally in Python. You’ll be on point for demoing our product, scoping POCs, making users successful and being the go-to-person for technical challenges. Expect to learn a ton about Ray, Anyscale, and early stage product go-to-market! The opportunity for impact in this role is huge!
Our product is inherently technical, so we’re looking for folks that know how to communicate about technical products with multiple audiences – whether it’s the C-suite or an individual engineer.
Come help us build the tools to power the next generation of cloud applications!
As part of this role, you'll be involved in:
- Building awesome product demos, tutorials, and blogs demonstrating the strong capabilities of the Anyscale platform
- Knowing Ray from end-to-end, get to know the development platform of the future
- Debugging customers' code to unblock them
- Knowing the ML landscape, our users are doing cutting edge work and you’ll be responsible for making them successful
- Working cross-functionally to cut through the noise and make our users successful. This requires an excellent knack for debugging problems, identifying solutions, and getting things out the door and in front of a user as quickly as possible
- Handling conversations from the individual engineer level to the C-Suite, this role will play a huge hand in closing deals (working closely with account executives), and will be go to technical resource for our customers and users
- Working closely with our initial users and making them successful by identifying core product gaps and potential improvements
- Making high quality decisions quickly and efficiently and managing stakeholders to ensure that we stay focused on our key objective and metrics in the sales process
- Driving crisp communication about our products and services, both internally and externally
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of pre- and post-sales experience, either as a sales engineer, solutions engineer/architect, customer success engineer/manager, or a consultant.
- Strong technical skills. You should have working knowledge of Python fundamentals, as well as the ability to learn Ray and build Ray applications with various libraries.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, open source, and/or ML/AI technologies.
- Customer success orientation. You are able to demonstrate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, build value with end users, and drive solutions over the line.
- Cross-functional collaboration with technical stakeholders, including Engineering and Product.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.