Security Engineer, Product
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
As a Product Security Engineer on our team, you’ll be in charge of architecting and building secure products that will be used to run mission-critical applications as well as in charge of establishing and implementing security best practices and policies throughout the company.
Our goal is to enable many more developers to take advantage of distributed computing and machine learning to tackle harder problems without needing to think about systems and infrastructure and instead to just focus on the problems that they are solving. You’ll play an integral role in making this happen.
As part of this role, you will:
- Help us build and ship our first product
- Take charge of application security, including everything from architecting and building secure products to designing our incident response policy to securely configuring our cloud providers
- Take charge of corporate security, including everything from creating offboarding policies to making sure our software tools are locked down to ensuring our devices have reasonable endpoint protection
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to make sure we have the necessary context to avoid introducing security bugs
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience with enterprise application security and have built secure products for enterprise
- Experience with corporate security
- Extensive experience with cloud providers
- Software development experience (ability to build and assess things)
- Strong communication skills and can effectively share your work with a broader audience through writing and speaking
- You have engaged and led certification processes (e.g., HIPAA, SOC, SOC2 FedRAMP)
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.