People Operations & Analytics (Senior Manager)
San Francisco, CA /
About the Role:
We are looking for a strategic leader with superpowers driving and communicating a central operational talent and organizational effectiveness strategy. This role will help us build a thoughtful and data-driven approach to building a super high performing culture and organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining our strategy for return to the office.
- Up-levelling our HR function to deliver whole product solutions.
- Solve talent strategy, needs of our business departments.
- Improving individual or team productivity (e.g., IC productivity, HR team productivity, manager productivity).
This role requires a highly collaborative self-starter who is an innovative thinker with a proven record of creating and implementing strategic plans with a focus on short-term wins and long-term gains. Success in this role will require building and running multi-functional project teams, strong prioritization skills and a love of experimentation and rapid iteration. At Anyscale, we’ll need to continuously scale and innovate on how we operate, this role will help us ensure we reach the highest standards of achievement in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated history of engaging and coaching cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders, directly and through influence, is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, is motivated by a fast-paced environment, and is comfortable thinking big and diving deep. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals. People trust and respect you, and they like to work with you.
As part of this role, you will:
- Proposing, implementing, and iterating on people programs, processes, policies, or procedures to optimize our workforce strategy and our organizational effectiveness (e.g., Creating a best-in-class measurement program to ensure efficacy of onboarding program, Developing an office strategy to help us maximize time together given the new world of hybrid).
- Develop KPIs, design programs, manage resources and communication strategies to connect HR solutions to meet the needs of our business partners.
- Leverage insights to identify risks and opportunities to proactively increase our company’s team, talent, and organizational effectiveness.
- Help identify and solve for core/common challenges across the org proactively (e.g., Leadership team effectiveness, Decision-making, Organizational changes and opportunities).
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal business partners
We would love to hear from you if:
- Comfortably transition between big picture, strategic thinking and tactical, day-to-day planning and execution.
- Experience leading change through coaching, change management, and other mechanisms (e.g., rewards/recognition, performance management).
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
- Proven track record prioritizing and building programs, change management, and project management.
- Experience managing project and program teams.
- Exceptional strengths in data-driven strategic business writing and communications.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong bias for action and “get stuff done” attitude.
- Has a strong growth mindset, is highly adaptable, and enjoys operating in a rapidly changing environment.
Nice to Have:
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Strong background in building and executing in a highly ambiguous, flexible environment.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Great at research, loves being at the cutting edge of the future of work and understands how to balance research with action and experimentation.
- Bachelor's Degree
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.