Product Manager (Tuning & RL)
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product /
Anyscale provides a development platform intended to simplify distributed computing. This enables software developers of all skill levels to build applications that run at any scale from a laptop to the data center.
We're commercializing a popular open source project called Ray - which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning.
Our goal is to enable organizations to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world and at lower cost. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA.
About the role:
Machine learning and AI are the future of technology and we at Anyscale believe that Ray and Anyscale will define this future. As the Product Manager for Tuning & Reinforcement Learning, you will envision, design, and ship features that make it possible for developers to build the applications of the future.
Product at Anyscale is extremely user oriented. You’ll be diving into conversations with open source users and developers as well as those using our core product. After finding critical problems to solve on behalf of these users, you’ll be a scrappy executor working closely with users, customers, engineers, designers, and marketing in order to successfully roll out Anyscale and Ray products and features.
Our product is inherently technical, so we’re looking for folks that know how to communicate about technical products with multiple audiences - whether it’s the C-suite or an individual engineer.
As part of this role, you will:
- Prioritize and execute on an ambitious and impactful product roadmap
- Take the product to market and drive its adoption. You will partner with marketing on webinars and write blog posts to drive product adoption
- This role will help define a critical aspect of the Anyscale platform - defining how we bring reinforcement learning platforms to market and all the associated features necessary for success in that domain. This role will have a huge influence over the roadmap and provide critical user perspectives over both open source as well as the Anyscale product. There is immense room for growth in this role as this is a critical area for Anyscale’s product
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years of work experience (3+ years in product management)
- Strong customer orientation and technical sense, with deep understanding of developer workflow
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Working with open-source communities; Infrastructure or SaaS or cloud experience; Have a deep understanding of the ML/AI space
- Previous machine learning product experience
- Rolled out a product or features end to end
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $161,850 - $220,000. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish