Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale is hiring a Senior Product Designer! This candidate will have passion for constructing amazing user experiences. While this is an individual contributor role, this has the potential to grow into management for the right candidate.
This role will work closely with our current designer, product management, and engineering.You will be responsible for the entire core product user experience, setting design and style standards, doing user research (along with PM), and working with both PM and engineering to see designs realized within the product. This role will also provide opportunity ad hoc branding and design work for marketing and events.
This role will require experience being hands on and understanding technical workflows and use cases. Anyscale is a developer oriented product and we’ll want someone who is passionate about working with our end-users.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A funding led by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) with participation from NEA, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
- Focusing on constructing amazing experiences for our end users. Our product is technical, so we want folks that know how to simplify experiences to make the complex simple!
- Working closely with the product team, we care deeply about having a great design (a product designer was our second product team hire) and want to build a culture of design from the start!
- Drive crisp designs and take a heavy hand in the PRD process as we define our future products. You’ll work collaboratively with engineering to make sure that we’re building to specification!
- Handling your own in customer interviews and user testing. We believe in testing our designs and letting our users help craft awesome experiences
- Building great design culture! We see design as a competitive differentiator, and want someone who believes deeply in the power of design
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
Must be willing to work onsite in our office.
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!