Head of People
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale is looking to hire a Head of People! In this role, you will design and execute upon best-in-class people strategies, processes, and systems for our rapidly growing company. The Head of People will report directly to the CEO and will oversee the entire people function. You will be responsible for the employee lifecycle and instrumental in building a team that can execute on our product vision.
Note: This role will be based onsite in our SF office. Our current plan to return to office is October 1, 2021.
Anyscale provides a cloud platform for developers to build and run distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build the universal compute platform that companies will use to develop and deploy their applications. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Anyscale’s co-founders. The company raised a $20M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
As part of your role you will:
- Build processes and systems consistent with Anyscale’s vision and values that attract, retain, and develop high performers
- Oversee the entire people function, including learning and development, compensation, leveling, recruiting, and manager training
- Design and implement our approach to performance management
- Make data-driven improvements to the entire employee lifecycle
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have experience scaling high performing teams at high-growth startups (e.g., from 50 to 200 or something similar)
- Are highly process-driven
- Love data and analytics
- Are an excellent communicator
- Are willing to get your hands dirty
- Have a growth mindset, are flexible, and can adapt