San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
You will be the next critical member of the Anyscale product team. This role will entail significant opportunity in shaping the Anyscale core product. The ideal candidate will be a scrappy executor, able to work with minimal supervision and lead complex developer focused product development and scoping. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers, and marketing in order to successfully roll out Anyscale’s core products.
Anyscale just launched our product in private beta, and we’ve received a wave of excitement from the market. While this role is for an individual contributor to start, we seek a leader who’s going to drive the process, vision for how we roll out products, and ensure that we’re doing so efficiently and effectively. This role has the potential to grow into a management role.
Our product is inherently technical, so we’re looking for folks that know how to communicate about technical products with multiple audiences - whether it’s the C-suite or an individual engineer.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
- Working cross-functionally to get products and features out the door. You’ll work with top-notch engineers on cutting edge ML and cloud related projects
- Working closely with our initial users and making them successful by identifying core product gaps and potential improvements
- Making high quality decisions quickly and efficiently and managing stakeholders to ensure that we stay focused on our key objective and metrics
- Driving crisp communication about our products and services, both internally and externally
- Defining and owning key product KPIs so we know we are making high quality and timely decisions. There’s opportunity to work on both closed and open and closed source products
- Finding opportunities for open source and closed source differentiation, finding unique challenges and creative solutions that can make for a great community as well as a differentiated product
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.