Product Manager Intern
San Francisco, CA /
About the role:
Anyscale is seeking a Product Manager intern to join our team. This role will entail significant opportunity in shaping the Anyscale core product. The ideal candidate will be a scrappy executor, able to work with minimal supervision and lead complex developer focused product development and scoping. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers, and marketing in order to successfully roll out Anyscale’s core products.
Anyscale provides an application development platform for developers to build distributed applications. We’re commercializing a popular open source project called Ray, which is a framework for distributed computing as well as an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Our goal is to build a standardized platform for distributed computing. Ray was developed at UC Berkeley by Robert Nishihara and Philipp Moritz, under the guidance of Ion Stoica and Michael Jordan, and the four of them have co-founded Anyscale. The company raised a $20.6M Series A and a $40M Series B funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), NEA, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Ant Financial, Amplify Partners, 11.2 Capital, and The House Fund.
With Ray, we're making it easy to program at any scale (from your laptop to the datacenter) by providing easy-to-use, general-purpose, and high-performance tools. In addition, we are building a rich ecosystem of libraries (for reinforcement learning, hyperparameter search, experiment management, machine learning training, prediction serving, and more) on top of the core distributed system so that users can rapidly build sophisticated applications. Help us build the future of software development.
We are looking for passionate, motivated people who are excited to build tools to power the next generation of cloud applications.
- Work cross-functionally to get a product out the door: You’ll work with top-notch engineers on a cutting edge ML and cloud-related project. You’ll also collaborate with our initial users to make them successful by identifying core product gaps and potential improvements.
- Find strategic opportunities for open source and closed source differentiation: You’ll be responsible for a work stream to find unique challenges and creative solutions that can make for a great open-source community as well as a differentiated closed-source product.
- 2+ years of software development or technical product management experience
- Ability to empathize with developers in order to provide them with a great experience
- Bonus: Knowledge of cloud computing and machine learning, and/or experience working with B2B products
We are excited to build a diverse team and encourage all to apply!