Senior Unity Engineer
Age of Learning – Engineering
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 5 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through the Age of Learning Foundation, we make our research-proven educational products available at no cost to millions of children in need through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, community centers, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations. This work has served communities on 5 continents and continues to grow today.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full-time, in-house Unity developer to help us build high performance Unity based applications using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture for our educational games.
- Develop features and functionality within the Age of Learning Unity platform for deployment to Android and iOS targets
- Identify, design, and develop new features and components requested by the business team
- Review and provide specs for supporting documentation of the Age of Learning Unity platform
- Participate in team cross-training and mentoring of junior developers
- Integrate Unity Code written by team members into project codebases to create a fully realized set of features and functionality
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members to ensure layouts, animations, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into application features while preserving artistic integrity and performance
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to write documented, unit-testable C# code that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high-quality work
- Capable of translating business requirements, wireframes, and more into application architecture as an analytical thinker
- A high level of motivation as a self-starter
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working in Unity 2018.x
- Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- .NET, C# programming experience
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!