Executive Director, Age of Learning Foundation
Glendale, CA /
Age of Learning – Age of Learning, Foundation /
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
There are two billion school-age children in the world, the majority of whom are not meeting basic proficiency standards in reading or math. The Age of Learning Foundation (Foundation) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping solve this global challenge by fundamentally improving early education for children in developing countries. The Foundation does this by partnering with governments and NGOs to help families and educators ensure children build a strong educational foundation via highly scalable, sustainable digital learning programs that measurably improve academic skills.
With initial funding and support from Age of Learning, Inc. (AofL), the Foundation provides AofL’s research-proven digital math, literacy, and English language learning programs at no cost to serve children in low and lower-middle income countries. We are looking for our first Executive Director to build on the Foundation’s early growth by rapidly scaling up partnerships, project deployments, and educational impact in priority regions.
- Own the Foundation’s strategy and manage all aspects of its operations
- Grow the Foundation’s partnerships, project deployments, and impact to help educate several million children over the next few years
- Achieve product-market fit for the Foundation’s (free) solutions in priority countries through validated learning, using a Build, Measure, Learn cycle
- Build out the Foundation’s team and operational capacity, managing both dedicated resources and resources shared with AofL
- Oversee fundraising for the Foundation
- Deepen and broaden relationships with key international organizations focused on improving children’s education, such as UNICEF, USAID, Save the Children, etc.
- Report to Foundation’s Board of Directors, work collaboratively with AofL executives and staff
- A seasoned leader with 15+ years of management experience in not-for-profit, government, or for-profit organizations, with a track record of significant success and increasing responsibilities and impact
- 7+ years’ experience successfully leading organizations or teams serving children, families, and/or educators in low or middle-income countries; education sector experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience successfully operating in a startup environment, strategically scaling operations and impact in conditions of significant uncertainty
- Significant in-country experience operating philanthropic / mission-driven service-delivery programs in low or middle-income countries; experience in sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia preferred
- Experience developing and/or deploying mobile app-based or other digital technology solutions
- Passion for helping educate children furthest from opportunity
- B.A. or equivalent with outstanding academic performance; graduate degree preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!