Quality Assurance Analyst
Age of Learning – Quality Assurance
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 5 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through the Age of Learning Foundation, we make our research-proven educational products available at no cost to millions of children in need through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, community centers, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations. This work has served communities on 5 continents and continues to grow today.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full-time, in-house QA Analyst to join our growing game development team. This person will work on a team dedicated to building high-performance, Unity-based games using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture.
- Work closely with a dedicated game artist and programmer to develop curriculum-focused Unity games with our in-house games platform
- Test development and gold master builds on a variety of mobile platforms
- Create and document test cases based on game design documents
- Execute testing of various builds, including integration, functional, and performance tests
- Log and document test results, where appropriate, and work with your team to assist with troubleshooting, resolution, and validation
- Support release process and perform product verification testing
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Attend meetings to report work progress and critical issues
- 2+ years’ experience in mobile game development on shipped iOS/Android titles
- Advanced familiarity with Desktop/Android/iOS
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Strong understanding of analytics
- Execute test plans, scenarios, or procedures independently and collaboratively
- Identify, communicate, document, and elevate issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience developing test cases for one or more games
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in Unity 5.x or higher
- Familiarity working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Passion for educational games
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!