Software Engineer, PHP API Webservices
Age of Learning – Engineering
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 5 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through the Age of Learning Foundation, we make our research-proven educational products available at no cost to millions of children in need through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, community centers, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations. This work has served communities on 5 continents and continues to grow today.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
- Perform object-oriented development within the Age of Learning Web Services platform
- Discover the Web Services needs on projects
- Design static endpoints and agree on a contract with your consumers
- Develop functional endpoints against a strong set of coding and documentation standards and conventions
- Design and implement performant database schemas to support new and changed functionality
- Deliver quality code supported by good documentation and tests
- Solve complex problems with simple architectural solutions
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Great communication and collaboration skills in a team environment
- 3+ years of experience developing web services; writing object-oriented PHP outside of a framework; and architecting scalable web applications. In the alternative, we will accept a Bachelor’s or equivalent in the above-stated fields plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the above-stated occupations
- All candidates must possess MySQL; Docker; PHPUnit and Postman/Swagger; instrumenting analytics for high traffic web applications; and Ubuntu/Alpine
- Mandarin fluency a plus
- Familiarity with golang a plus
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!