Curriculum Specialist, Math
Age of Learning – Curriculum
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 5 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through the Age of Learning Foundation, we make our research-proven educational products available at no cost to millions of children in need through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, community centers, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations. This work has served communities on 5 continents and continues to grow today.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Age of Learning’s Curriculum Team is the driving force behind the student-facing content in all of the company’s educational products, including ABCmouse.com and Adventure Academy. This team sets the curriculum specifications for the engaging learning activities of the quality that has made ABCmouse.com the top-ranking educational app in the U.S.
The Math Curriculum Specialist will work closely with other Curriculum team members to research and review learning standards and trajectories in math and write curriculum plans related to specified learning objectives. They will collaborate with a team of talented educators, game designers, artists, animators, engineers, and producers to develop the digital learning experiences based on those plans.
The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and exceptional communication skills. This person thrives within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and is comfortable making decisions amid ambiguous inputs.
- Analyze standards for grades PreK-2nd in math and unpack them into learning objective components
- Collaborate with curriculum team members to develop detailed knowledge maps that describe the concepts, principles, and skills needed for a learner to demonstrate mastery of math topics (e.g., identifying precursor, successor, and correlational relationships)
- Write clear, detailed, and precise specifications for the development of engaging digital learning activities
- Contribute to user testing for activity concepts related to math for grades PreK-2nd
- Review activities for developmental appropriateness and instructional integrity
- Work in an organized and flexible manner to meet established deadlines and evolving priorities
- Minimum of 3 years teaching math at grades PreK-5th
- Experience in detailed curriculum planning for teachers and classrooms
- Minimum 2 years developing commercial/published curriculum, experience with digital preferred
- Deep understanding of the ways in which children learn math, as well as the challenges children experience when learning math
- Experience conducting analyses of concepts, principles, skills, and data used to inform curriculum development
- Exemplary writing skills with an emphasis on clarity, organization, and precision
- Undergraduate degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!