Legal Operations Manager
Glendale, CA /
Age of Learning, Inc. – Legal /
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a confident, analytical, and nimble Legal Operations Manager to support our Legal Team, primarily focusing on legal documentation processes and systems management. This individual will take the lead in enhancing the efficiency, organization, and automation of legal processes across several areas in collaboration with the Legal Team and other departments. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, communicate clearly and effectively, have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, efficiently manage a high volume of daily tasks and longer-term projects, and be overall customer-service oriented.
- Primary administrator for team’s technology solutions, such as contract management, document management, and legal request intake
- Create new and maintain templates in the contract management system
- Provide training and support on the contract management system and other aspects of legal operations to internal stakeholders and users
- Manage corporate governance documentation, intellectual property portfolio, and privacy processes
- Identify areas for operational improvement with the Legal department and own the implementation of such initiatives
- Build cross-functional relationships with other stakeholders within the organization to support the client and internal requests
- Work with department members as well as cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities for workflow enhancement
- Manage the Legal department’s budget to accurately forecast needs and spending
- Build and maintain legal and compliance dashboarding
- 3-8 years experience in legal operations or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience defining legal operations requirements and using data and metrics to measure improvements
- Strong project management skills
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail. Able to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with legal contracts and contract management systems and processes
- Skilled in using standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment