Melbourne, FL /
*Please review the “helpful hints” section below before starting your application.*
Apartment Life coordinators get to create and provide an excellent Apartment Life (AL) experience to residents and staff in an apartment community! Coordinators are passionate about the vision and mission of AL and combine this passion with skill to plan consistently excellent and irresistible events, provide exceptional personal communication, and offer acts of genuine care and radical hospitality for those in their scope of service—ultimately impacting the community and the lives of apartment residents.
A coordinator's work can be summed up with three words: care, connect, and call.
CARE for people in their community
CONNECT them in relationships
CALL others to do the same
Let's dig into that!
Apartment Life coordinators serve an apartment community by...
- Planning and hosting events for the residents in the apartment community for the purpose of caring for and connecting with residents, connecting residents to one another and to services and great local businesses in the wider community.
- Providing a caring touch to residents and staff with the help of other residents and a network of community support.
- Inviting residents to share online about their great experience in the community. We call this enhancing online reputation,
- Administrating their program at key points every month by developing monthly calendars/event flyers/social media posts to market activities to residents, managing an event budget process, preparing monthly summaries, meeting with staff for planning, and meeting with their program director for equipping and development.
- Engaging a support team of volunteers, vendors, and community partners to maximize budget and impact.
- Many coordinators visit new residents shortly after move-in to invite them to connect to the community. They may also visit residents who are near the end of their lease term to connect with them as well.
Coordinators who make the most impact on their communities are...
- Relational: understand the power of relationships; enjoy meeting new people, networking in the broader community, and planning social activities. They are authentic, empathetic, caring, and have excellent communication skills.
- Event Planners: plan and facilitate events to attract and retain residents. They enjoy being the life of the party--designing exciting atmospheres and drawing people into conversations and experiences.
- Available: available to host events and perform weekly visits when the apartment residents are most likely to attend or be at home including evenings and weekends.
- Financially Responsible: responsible and trustworthy with a community’s monthly event budget.
- Oriented towards “business-with-a-cause": faithfully weave together excellence in business with serving and loving their neighbors well.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Have basic fluency in English to compose marketing elements for the community and required reports for the property management company (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Possess a current driver’s license and liability insurance, and access to a form of reliable transportation to complete coordinator duties such as shopping for events and connecting with vendors.
- Be physically able to use stairs, bend, sit, stand, stoop, carry up to 25 pounds (at least one coordinator if serving as a team).
- Due to the responsibilities of the role, including access to apartment community information and resources, property funds for events, and the potential for interacting with children, all coordinators must have the ability to pass a criminal background check in compliance with federal, state, and local law.
- Have the availability to commit weekly hours to perform job responsibilities.
- Be able to make the minimum term commitment to serving in the apartment community.
Helpful hints as you apply:
- Our coordinator roles are unique; serving communities either living onsite or coordinating offsite. Onsite is compensated with a rent discount and offsite is an hourly rate for approximately 5-10 hours/week.
- You may see a place where you can provide a link to a Linked-In profile, resume or cover letter. For this position with Apartment Life, you are welcome to submit those, but it is not required!
- Near the top of the application where it says "Current Company," if you attend a local church, share the name of your church there. Or, you can share where you work.