Sr. User Researcher
San Francisco, California
What was it like the last time you went apartment hunting? For many people, the answer ranges from brutal to tough. It can be a long and stressful process to find a place to call home. The design team works tirelessly to solve problems for people, helping renters find a home they love while making the rental process easier. We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to help us learn more about our users, and identify opportunities to simplify and delight. If you dream of bringing amazing products to life, here is your opportunity.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Manage strategic research initiatives from beginning to end.
- Partner closely with design and product team to identify and prioritize research initiatives. Must be comfortable collaborating cross-functionally across the broader organization.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative research methods to examine renter and landlord behavior and attitudes, across the United States.
- Synthesize insights, communicate results, and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways that measurably improve the market fit and user experience of the products we ship.
- Evangelize user research and user-centered design throughout the company.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree - M.A/M.S in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field a huge plus.
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research - You know what it means to release high quality product at each stage of development. You have experience with qualitative and user-centered design and design thinking methods, and can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- Collaboration is part of your core - Demonstrated experience in give-and-take collaboration with designers, PMs, and engineers, and have experience building cross-functional relationships.
- Experience using a wide variety research methods (e.g. ethnography, diary studies, usability testing, interviews, surveys, concept testing)
- Strong Communication Skills - You clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings through various mediums.
And here is what’s in it for you:
- An opportunity with a creative, trusted, fast-growing brand in the enormous U.S. apartment rental space.
- An exceptional team: our hiring bar is absurdly high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self-starters.
- A great office environment in the heart of SOMA: surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops, located just three blocks from the ball park.
- Opportunities for growth – you’ll learn a ton here.
- Awesome culture: weekly all hands meetings, family dinners, monthly company events, and much much more!