Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, Search and Discovery
San Francisco, California
The Search and Discovery team works on the core experience for renters to find the home they love. We build the search infrastructure and ranking algorithm, as well as the best-in-class user interface, on web, iOS, and Android, to present the most useful apartment information to renters. It is a central functionality of the marketplace between renters and apartments. The team works closely with cross-functional partners across product, design, and analytics, to deliver constant improvements to search quality and user experience.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Build the high-performance services that power Apartment List's search experience for our website and mobile apps
- Develop user-facing experiences across platforms, to help renters discover and navigate through apartments that potentially match their needs
- Experiment and iterate on the search ranking algorithm to improve the efficiency of the marketplace
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Apartment List to support product initiatives related to search and discovery
- Make contributions to codebases across platforms, from our core API to our primary web application written in Rails 5 and React
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and analysts on the whole lifecycle of product feature development
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- BA in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in organizations with a solid engineering process
- Passionate about building full-stack, highly scalable and customizable product experiences.
- Incredible attention to detail and are able to implement creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges
- Solid software development skills and computer science fundamentals
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!