Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, California
At Apartment List, we build a marketplace between renters and apartments, which helps the renters explore, contact, and eventually sign a lease with, the apartments that they would call home. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our product engineering team. Our full-stack engineering teams are passionate about solving real-world pain points and building great user experiences, across the web, iOS, and Android. We work closely with cross-functional partners across product, design, analytics, and business.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the engineering team:
- Develop user-facing experiences across platforms, to help renters discover, navigate through, and contact apartments that potentially match their needs.
- Run A/B tests and make data-driven optimizations to improve the product.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deliver a better experience to our users.
- Make contributions to codebases across platforms, from our core API to our primary web application written in Rails 5 and React.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and analysts on the whole lifecycle of product feature development.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- 5 years of experience in organizations with a solid engineering process
- Passionate about building performant, responsive web applications
- Love implementing pixel perfect UI and engaging animations
- Solid software development skills and computer science fundamentals
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate in the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!