Architect, Search Infrastructure
San Francisco, California
At Apartment List, we build a marketplace between renters and apartments, and Search is the central functionality of the marketplace. High-quality search results are essential for the user experience and for the health of the business, and it is important for us to build the right search infrastructure that will scale with the company. We are looking for an experienced and motivated engineer to lead the effort to build the next-generation search infrastructure.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Lead the design and development of the next-generation search infrastructure.
- Work with the product and engineering leadership team to define and build alignments on goals and milestones for major search infrastructure projects
- Collaborate with product owners and product engineering teams to support product initiatives
- Guide and mentor other engineers working on search infrastructure and related areas
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to drive overall architecture direction at Apartment List
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of experience building consumer facing apps (either from a backend or front end perspective)
- Have at least 2+ years experience successfully managing teams of 7+ engineers
- Experience growing and developing your team
- Have a strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with Product Managers, Designers, and Analysts
- Experience working with search or ads infrastructure would be a plus
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!