Product Manager, Marketplace Growth
San Francisco, California
About the Team
The Marketplace Growth and Efficiency team is responsible for ensuring that Apartment List - the world’s fastest growing rental marketplace helps the most people find homes they love. The team is responsible for both monetization and making our entire product funnel as seamless and efficient as possible - from looking at an apartment on our site to getting in touch with landlords to moving in. We are scrappy, nimble, and obsessed with making an impact, constantly looking for opportunities to drive quality connections between renters and landlords.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Lead product development for monetizing and growing our marketplace product, including improving our entire product funnel, lead scoring, machine learning, email and notifications and our renter<>property communications model.
- You’ll own our growth and monetization strategy and roadmap working with a talented team of engineers, designers, product analysts and business analysts.
- Align the company around key product and monetization metrics and track them closely, working closely with our business analytics team and leadership team.
- Leverage insights to build great products - you’ll work heavily with data and user research to uncover opportunities.
- You’ll use these insights to prioritize and design successful solutions.
- Conceive and implement A/B tests geared towards driving lease growth and renter engagement.
- Work closely with engineers by openly and continuously communicating product vision, delivery objectives, and priorities.
- Participate in team scrums and sprint planning, define and prioritize tasks, and groom the backlog.
- Collaborate closely across other product teams to ensure a cohesive product.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, analytics, physics, economics or math
- MBA or management consulting experience preferred
- 4-6 years overall job experience
- Experience in, or knowledge of statistics and/or machine learningInsights and data driven: You can see patterns in quantitative and qualitative data and use them to make product decisions.
- You have experience with A/B testing and data-driven decision making.
- SQL knowledge highly preferred.
- Highly collaborative and communicative - this role will bridge our entire marketplace team and require exceptional communication and coordination skills.
- Exceptional leadership and influence skills: you have high emotional intelligence/EQ and know how to motivate and influence the people you work with and senior management.
- Hustler attitude: you are proactive, flexible, and scrappy.
- You apply 80/20 thinking to get results faster: Belief that a good user experience makes a successful product.
- You are able to balance pragmatism with quality and work well with designers.
- Team first attitude: Desire to not only build a successful product, but also a successful company.
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Massive impact and visibility: You’ll have a ton of visibility, access to company leadership and the opportunity to change the trajectory of Apartment’s Lists product and business.
- Mentorship and career development: the PM team has a strong culture of feedback, self-improvement and supporting each other.
- An exceptional team: our hiring bar is high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self-starters
- A great office environment in the heart of SOMA: surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops, located just three blocks from the ballpark.
- Ability to impact our users’ biggest decision - where they call home.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.