Sr. Mobile Engineer - Search and Discovery
San Francisco, California
The Search and Discovery team works on the core experience for renters to find the home they love. We build the search infrastructure and ranking algorithm, as well as the best-in-class user interface, on web, iOS, and Android, to present the most useful apartment information to renters. It is a central functionality of the marketplace between renters and apartments. The team works closely with cross-functional partners across product, design, and analytics, to deliver constant improvements to search quality and user experience.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Develop the Apartment List iOS and Android apps, writing code in Swift and Kotlin with like-minded mobile engineers.
- Use the right tool for the job. Our apps are powered with Reactive-X and our network is powered by Alamofire and Retrofit. We use MVI, Quick and Spek to make testable code, and use a combination of POP and OOP to build reusable components.
- Collaborate with the larger engineering team.
- Interact closely with your teammates in design and product management. You’ll have a say!
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of experience in organizations with a solid engineering process
- You’re a mobile engineer and you enjoy working with design to build the best mobile experience possible
- Familiarity with both Android and iOS development stacks. You are on track to becoming an expert in one of them, but are curious about the other side.
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- You have shipped a substantial app to the Play Store or App Store.
- Incredible attention to detail and are able to implement creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges.
- Ability write solid code utilizing appropriate design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You balance reusability with YAGNI.
- You write tests and think about security out of habit
- You stay on top of the latest and greatest advances in the industry -- and understand how to determine the right time to adopt them.
And here is what's in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.