Engineering Manager, Search and Discovery
San Francisco, California
The Search and Discovery team works on the core experience for renters to find the home they love. We build the search infrastructure and ranking algorithm, as well as the best-in-class user interface, on web, iOS, and Android, to present the most useful apartment information to renters. It is a central functionality of the marketplace between renters and apartments. The team works closely with cross-functional partners across product, design, and analytics, to deliver constant improvements to search quality and user experience.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Guide a team of software engineers in implementing high complexity product features
- Hire great talents and mentor engineers to build a high performing engineering team
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, and Analysts to build accurate estimates, plans, specs, and backlog priorities
- Improve processes to make the team efficient
- Be responsible for the quality of the team’s work
- Evaluate and select 3rd party tools, services, and libraries, when applicable
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of experience building consumer facing apps (either from a backend or front end perspective)
- Have at least 2+ years experience successfully managing teams of 7+ engineers
- Experience growing and developing your team
- Have a strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with Product Managers, Designers, and Analysts
- Experience working with search or ads infrastructure would be a plus
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!