Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, Communications
San Francisco, California
The Communications team empowers renters to reach out to the homes they discover at Apartment List. We let renters know about new apartment homes as they become available, we update them on pricing and availability changes to homes they’ve already discovered, and we put them in touch with property managers so they can learn more about their choices. We are a full stack team that collaborates closely with product, design, and analytics. We work across web, iOS, Android, and our suite of backend services to give renters everything they need to explore the properties they found and to choose the home they love.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Build the high performance services that power Apartment List email and notifications for our website and mobile apps
- Develop user experiences across multiple platforms, to help renters stay connected to the apartments they are interested in
- Drive iterative improvements to the holistic experience of how Apartment List communicates to renters
- Make contributions to a variety of codebases, from our core API to our primary web application and mobile apps
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- BA in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of experience in organizations with a solid engineering process
- Passionate about building full stack, highly customized communication and messaging systems, from scalable backend services to frontend projects that are critical to the re-engagement experience
- Incredible attention to detail and are able to implement creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges
- Solid software development skills and computer science fundamentals
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!