Sr. Software Engineer, Data & Analytics
San Francisco, California
To make apartment hunting an extraordinary experience, we need extraordinary insight. Apartment List is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer to help us understand the needs of millions of users sifting every month through millions of apartments. If, like us, you're driven by data and think finding a home shouldn't mean dodging endless reposts and scams, then friend, this is the place for you.
Who You Are
- You have 6+ years of experience running production systems (Ruby/Python is preferred)
- You have a knack for consuming large volumes of data and making it digestible for others
- You've worked deeply with databases, data warehouses, queues, concurrent processing, and all the other tools needed to build robust, elegant pipelines
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals. That usually comes with a CS degree, but we don’t care whether you have one
- You might have a background in statistics or machine learning
What You'll Do
- Design and build the next generation of data infrastructure as we grow from Data to Big Data
- Improve and extend the reach of data analytics that powers all Apartment List products and people
- Explore and build tools using statistical and machine learning methods to predict user behavior, the rental market, and more
- Collaborate closely with your teammates in product management and business analytics. You’ll have a say! No code monkeys here
- Educate the entire engineering organization on methods and tools to raise the bar across the board
About Apartment ListAbout Apartment List
Apartment List is the fastest-growing online rental marketplace, and we’re on a mission to help everyone find a home they love while making the search process simple and painless. By taking time to ask renters important questions about their preferences, our machine learning technology delivers a tailored experience that makes it easier to find the right home, without wasted time and hassle.
Currently, Apartment List has more than 4 million units on our site nationwide and we’ve raised more than $100M in funding from Caanan Partners, Matrix Partners, and Passport Capital. The company launched in September 2011, and has been named one of Forbes’ “Top 25 Most Promising Companies” and Inc.’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.