Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, California
About the Team
As a member of the Platform Analytics Team, you'll be working with other engineering, analytics, and
product teams to create extraordinary machine learning models to help our two sided marketplace
be more efficient. This requires strategic thinking about our architecture and technology choices,
and how to smoothly evolve and transition as we grow. At its heart, the Platform Analytics team is
responsible for the analytics infrastructure and services that every other team at Apartment List
relies on every day to be successful.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Architect, build and maintain machine learning models to support our renter journey from interest creation to contracting the property.
- Develop highly scalable algorithms, classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models.
- Interact closely with your teammates in product management, web and mobile engineering teams.
- Use the right tool for the job. Our backend is powered by Python, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Go and our data platform is powered by Redshift. We are always open to new ideas.
- Collaborate closely with the larger engineering team. We expect you to be great, and we expect you to make us all better.
- Bring delight and simplicity to millions by solving a critical problem in their lives.
- Research, prototype, and implement solutions to various technology problems.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years experience building machine learning models to influence intelligent user experiences.
- Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Mapreduce).
- Solid understanding of databases, indices, queues, processes, servers, instances, memory, garbage collection, threading, and concurrency.
- You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and to learn new development skills.
- Encouraged to explore new technologies and to adopt them in our product development.
- Empowered to participate in the whole development cycle, and drive important product decisions.
- Lots of cool team building events, team offsites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.