Associate - Presight Partners
Apeiron – Investment Management /
Associate, Presight Partners
This is a full-time position based in Berlin or London
Apeiron Investment Group is the private investment firm of entrepreneur and investor Christian Angermayer. Apeiron invests globally into the most exciting and world-changing tech & biotech companies, taking a hands-on, entrepreneurial investment approach.
Apeiron’s new $200m venture capital fund of funds, Presight Partners, invests in top performing venture capital funds globally. Its core focus is first-time and emerging early-stage venture funds, but it is also constructing selected positions in leading established funds. Presight Partners is the sister fund to, and works closely with, Presight Capital, Apeiron’s flagship global venture capital fund.
We are looking for a driven and structured Associate to manage operations at Presight Partners and help build our portfolio globally. As a member of our small and entrepreneurial team, you’ll have impact from day one, receive broad exposure to running a fund, and work with portfolio fund managers that define the global market.
- BA/BS or higher degree
- 2-3 years of experience in an investment banking/consulting/private equity/venture capital/accounting environment
- A strong quantitative skillset as well as commercial acumen
- A high professional standard of verbal and written communication
- Thorough knowledge of the venture landscape with relevant investor networks
- Embody Apeiron’s values: taking pride in what we do, being impact-driven, building strong relationships, and actively contributing to a positive workplace
- Operations management: preparing reporting and updates for LPs, keeping fund administration up to date and managing accounts, documentation, cashflows, expenses, and costs; developing financial forecasts and models for the fund; being the interface with our external fund administrator and service providers
- Deal execution support: managing and conducting commercial and legal due diligence on funds; writing investment memos
- Deal flow management: screening inbound; building/maintaining a fund and LP database; relationship building with fund managers; analysis and landscaping of markets, sectors, and geographies
- Portfolio management: tracking updates and performance, identifying the most promising startups in our underlying funds’ portfolios, and working with funds to support their needs
- One of the most exciting and unique portfolios in the venture and investment ecosystem
- Profound insights across the full lifecycle of startups and investment deals, from business inception to global capital markets
- An intense learning environment in highly engaged team with investment experience across multiple sectors
- Dynamic, fast-moving, and entrepreneurial company culture valuing fun, diversity, and impact
- Unparalleled professional growth opportunities within our network of portfolio funds and companies
Apeiron Investment Group is led by visionary investor and entrepreneur Christian Angermayer. With an unparalleled global network of advisors, partners, and portfolio companies, we pursue venture investing, turnarounds, and startup incubation all over the world. We pride ourselves in taking an active role in our portfolio companies, and work closely with founders and executive teams to multiply the value of their businesses. Today, our portfolio spans spacetech, biotech, mental health, deep tech, fintech, crypto, leisure, and real estate. Amongst our most well-known investments are ATAI Life Sciences, Compass Pathways, Block.one, Northern Data, Deposit Solutions and Mynaric, all market shapers in their fields.