Palo Alto, California, United States /
Business and Operations – IT /
Apex.AI, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic System Administrator to join our IT team. You will be responsible for day-to-day IT support and administration of our IT environment and will be participating in new system implementations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing IT team and be able to enhance IT infrastructure and workflows according to industry best practices. If you are an IT professional, passionate about making an impact, and learning new technologies along the way, then this role is perfect for you!
This position is located in our Palo Alto office. Authorization to work in the United States is required.
What You'll Do—Responsibilities
- Provide world-class support for our employees across the platforms and operating systems (Linux, macOS and Windows)
- Perform employee onboarding/offboarding; setup up accounts in various IT systems, prepare and enroll computers in our MDM solution, etc
- Create and update training materials and train new hires on IT-related topics
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot our corporate network
- Monitor system performance, security, efficiency, and troubleshoot issues
- Develop and maintain IT documentation and procedures
- Participate in various IT projects and deployments
- Accurately log and track requests in our ticketing system
- Work with various vendors and IT suppliers
- Collaborate with other IT team members, locally and internationally, on projects and implementations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent professional work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician, System Administrator, Network Administrator, or a similar role
- Experience working with Linux, macOS and Windows, including provisioning, updating, and managing the devices remotely
- Experience working with MDM solutions
- Experience working with network equipment: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers and access points, VPN
- Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, or similar SaaS administration experience
- The ability to enthusiastically take on new projects and see them through to completion
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Strong and proven troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Great to Have
- Having one or more of the major IT certifications is a plus (CompTIA, Microsoft, CCNA etc.)
- Experience working in software/hardware development company
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.