VP of Engineering
Palo Alto, California, United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
Apex.AI is seeking a passionate Engineering VP to join our Engineering team. You will lead technical teams and enable the software developers to develop our products and deliver customer solutions to work efficiently. To be successful in this role, you are a natural team leader, have fantastic verbal and written communication skills, superior engineering and problem-solving skills, and can prioritize, execute and deliver.
Current work authorization in the US is required.
This role requires regular domestic and international travel.
What You'll Do- Responsibilities
- Be responsible for managing the engineering team
- Work closely with the tech leads and TPMs to enable our software developers to work efficiently and productively by understanding bottlenecks and anticipating obstacles and removing them efficiently
- Drive the talent roadmap and make sure we have the right skills at the right time
- Effectively balance multiple priorities and ensure efficiency for projects and deliverables
- Collaborate closely with the people team and the tech leads to drive performance review and feedback
- B.S. or higher degree in a technical field with relevant work experience
- 10+ years of experience in a team lead or project management role
- A proven track record of successfully leading large engineering teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert-level understanding of automotive or mobility software experience in any of the following key areas is a plus: Automotive domains such as ADAS, Safety, Infotainment/UX, Motion Control, Safety, and E/E Architecture
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.