People Operations Manager
Palo Alto, California, United States /
Business and Operations – People /
Apex.AI is seeking a passionate People Operations Manager to join the People team. You will be responsible for owning the employee lifecycle from hire to exit. As an international organization, you will be the central point of contact for all employees and will assist our employees with all requests from payroll and benefits to performance and growth. If you have an impeccable attention to detail and a high EQ, this role is perfect for you!
This role is located in our Palo Alto office. Authorization to work in the US is required.
What You Will Do—Responsibilities
- Lead HR administration along the entire employee life cycle
- Review, audit and ensure integrity and compliance of HRIS employee data and records, equity audits, time off audit, ACA, diversity data audit, 401K (working with PEO as necessary)
- Assist in HR policy implementation and Employee Handbook updates in compliance with local laws and statutory regulations
- Build and drive talent management initiatives such as career pathing, career development plans, talent reviews, and performance management
- Support talent attraction & retention by crafting, improving, and implementing compensation strategy and Total Rewards Strategy
- Lead immigration related cases working with Business Partners, leaders, colleagues and outside immigration counsel
- B.S. or higher degree in human resources, communications, or related field
- A professional certification such as SPHR or SHRM
- 5-7+ years of HR operations experience including specific experience with immigration, compensation, total rewards administration, and employee relations, preferably in startup environment
- Experience applying common HR policies, fair labor laws, and employee relations protocol
- Knowledge of employment laws, EEOC Requirements, STD/FMLA, Reasonable Accommodation, FLSA/wage-hour laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.