Technical Project Manager
Berlin, Berlin, Germany /
Engineering – Engineering /
Apex.AI is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to manage projects for our Engineering organization. You will be responsible for project management tasks, processes, workflow improvements, tools, and most importantly, being responsible for the Engineering organization's project deliverables. You are highly organized, technically minded, and passionate about helping to drive forward Apex.AI’s product development.
This role is located in our Berlin, Munich, or Stuttgart offices.
Current possession of authorization to work in Germany is required.
What You’ll Do—Responsibilities
- Manage projects for the engineering team by tracking deliverables and coordinating action items.
- Schedule, lead, and facilitate engineering meetings to drive forward progress
- Create and manage systematic workflows
- Diligently monitor sprint goals, releases, and customer deadlines. Report to Team Leads and Customer Project Managers on timelines and scope
- Define and document release notes
- Facilitate education tasks and needs for team members
- 2+ years of project management or other relevant experience
- Proven experience working with task management software such as Jira, GitLab, or similar tools
- Experience working with engineering teams of at least 15 people
- Attention to detail is a must
- A "get things done" attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Driven to get projects to completion on strict deadlines
Great to Have
- Previous hands on coding experience in C++
- Experience with git, GitLab or similar tools
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.