Palo Alto, California, United States /
Business and Operations – People /
Apex.AI is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Technical Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for owning end-to-end recruitment for our US-based roles, with a focus on speed, accuracy and world-class candidate experience. You learn quickly, move quickly, and are passionate about attracting and hiring amazing talent with the perfect blend of technical chops and culture fit. If you are eager to make your mark on a fast-growing startup, this role is perfect for you!
This role is located in our Palo Alto office or remotely within the United States (west coast strongly preferred). Periodic travel to Palo Alto is required.
Authorization to work in the United States is required.
What You’ll Do—Responsibilities
- Own and manage the candidate lifecycle, from application to offer
- Attract, recruit, and close world-class technical talent
- Leverage powerful tools like LinkedIn Recruiter to source and connect with potential candidates
- Partner with hiring teams to build and execute effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
- Report on roadblocks and offer actionable solutions
- Maintain high levels of organization and accuracy while managing multiple requisitions and hiring goals
- Understand hiring needs and manager preferences to maintain a low interview to offer ratio
- Build and maintain a network of active and passive candidates through proactive outreach, relationship management, and networking
- Research and understand your competitive landscape; leverage that knowledge to develop competitive recruitment strategies
- Attend and participate and in recruiting and networking events
- A minimum of 2 years technical recruiting experience, with a focus on software engineering or other hard-to-fill technical roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel to Palo Alto/surrounding areas for recruiting events and meetings as needed
- Previous experience successfully hitting hiring goals and closing top technical talent
- High attention to detail and the ability to work fast and efficiently
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to function in an ambiguous environment and pivot quickly as needed
Great to Have
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Agency recruitment experience, with a focus on technical roles
- Analytically-minded with experience monitoring metrics and proposing recruiting process improvements
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.