Technical Project Manager—Customer Projects
Berlin, Berlin, Germany /
Engineering – Application Engineering /
Apex.AI is seeking a passionate and engaging Technical Project Manager—Customer Projects to join our Application Engineering team. You are responsible for driving the customer relationship and ensuring the successful delivery of proofs of concepts to series production of Apex.AI products. You will lead internal technical teams and relay customer feedback and requirements to those teams. To be successful in this role, you have fantastic written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver.
Current work authorization in Germany is required.
This role requires frequent travel to our customer locations.
- Understand the customer’s goals and challenges and apply Apex.AI’s solutions to those problems
- Lead technical conversation with customers; effectively communicate status updates and answer tough customer questions
- Responsible for ensuring the success of customer projects, from proof-of-concepts to series production
- Lead Application Engineers to deliver customer projects and deliverables on time and with highest quality
- Be an advocate for the customer internally, and relay feedback and requirements to the engineering teams
- Effectively balance multiple priorities and ensure efficiency for projects and deliverables
- Be the face of Apex.AI to customers and exemplify Apex.AI’s core values
- Understand our technical offerings by applying your excellent problem solving and C++ development skills to enable our global automotive and industrial customers to adopt Apex.AI products in their projects
- B.S. or higher degree in a technical field with relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing and/or project management role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in any of the following key areas: Automotive domains such as ADAS, Safety, Infotainment/UX, Motion Control, Safety and E/E Architecture
- Strong understanding of low level software and vehicle OS (RTOS, framework, Middleware)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems (DDS, ROS, etc.) and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
Great to Have
- 3+ years of C++ development expertise
- Experience with git, GitLab or similar tools
- Experience delivering series production projects in the automotive industry, either as part of an OEM or a supplier
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- German-speaking language skills
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.