Palo Alto, California, United States /
Business and Operations – Business Development /
Apex.AI is seeking a passionate and engaging Senior Solution Architect (SA) to join our Business team. Our SA will play a pivotal role in winning customers and help bridge customer needs to current product offerings by applying their technical expertise to customer problems and clearly communicating our value proposition.
You will dive in deep to understand the technical needs of our customers and will help deploy successful product and technology solutions. You will acquire an in-depth understanding and technical knowledge about Apex.OS and Apex.Middleware while helping to create a winning narrative to present to customers. If you want to combine your technical chops with your passion for winning, this role is perfect for you!
This role is located in our Palo Alto office.
This role requires frequent travel to our customer locations.
Authorization to work in the United States is required.
What You'll Do—Responsibilities
- Be the face of our technical offerings by applying your excellent problem solving and C++ development skills towards answering the toughest technical questions from our global automotive and industrial customers
- Understand the customer’s goals and challenges and map them to Apex.AI offerings
- Lead technical conversations and calls with customers and support sales prospects by conducting architecture assessments, solutions, and evaluations
- Develop and implement winning sales strategies in collaboration with our business team
- Build and deliver appealing customer demonstrations and proofs-of-concept
- Collaborate with Application Engineers on post-sale customer requirements, being the advocate for the customer internally, and relay feedback and requirements to the engineering teams
- Showcase Apex.AI by presenting at key conferences and seminars as needed
- B.S. or higher degree in a technical field with relevant work experience
- 7+ years as a solution architect, technical sales engineer, project/platform engineer, or similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in any of the following key areas: Automotive domains such as ADAS, Safety, Infotainment/UX, Motion Control, Safety and E/E Architecture
- Strong understanding of low level software and vehicle OS (RTOS, framework, Middleware)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems (DDS, ROS, etc.) and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Ability to be flexible with international support hours and travel frequently to customer locations
Great To Have
- Customer training experience
- Experience in relevant domains is a strong plus
- 3+ years of C++ development expertise
- Experience with git, GitLab or similar tools
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.