Senior Sales and Business Development Manager—Western Europe Region
Business and Operations – Business Development /
Apex.AI, Inc. is seeking a Senior Sales and Business Development Manager for the Western EU region to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for growing our customer base directly and with Ecosystem Partners. If you have a strong background in business development and/or account management in the automotive industry, we want to hear from you.
This role is located in France or Belgium and may require frequent travel.
What You'll Do—Responsibilities
- Lead and fully develop Apex.AI’s business development, sales, and customer engagements for the Western EU region
- In coordination with internal leadership and stakeholders, manage existing customer relationships at all levels
- Identify and formulate a plan to target new customers and partners that align with Apex.AI’s core mission
- Be an advocate internally for our customers and contribute to the company’s product, marketing, and overall communication strategy
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to showcase our technology and address customer needs
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with a mix of experience across business development, technical marketing, sales
- A proven strong understanding of the traditional automotive industry, as well as new mobility players
- Experience in negotiating, managing and closing major accounts
- A strong network within the automotive community and startup ecosystem in the transportation space
- The proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with executive teams, investors, partners, and other audiences
- Excellent leadership, mentorship, and people management skills
Great to Have
- Experience working for a high-growth startup is a plus
Apex.AI is a Palo Alto, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Munich-based company that is developing breakthrough safe, certified, developer-friendly, and scalable software for mobility systems.
Our software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx, so that we don’t spend time redeveloping what already works. Instead, we fork software that has been developed and proven in use by large developer communities. We then add what is missing: Functional safety, flawless performance, and support for application in commercial and safety-critical products. In order to do so, we have developed a proprietary process to rework open-source software in record time such that it conforms to the highest requirements of the applicable functional safety standard.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
We launched our award-winning first product Apex.OS after three years in 2020 and have taken it through certification in record time for launch in 2021. We have more in the pipeline to revolutionize the use of software in the automotive industry.