We are building a product team to supercharge the age of APIs. Our team will be cross-functional and durable, comprised of a product manager, a product designer and several engineers. We'll empower our product team to solve customer and business problems in ways that our users and customers love, yet work for our business. The product team will collaborate closely to discover effective solutions, and then work together to deliver those solutions to market. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. Those solutions will need to be:
Valuable — our customers choose to buy it or use it
Viable — the solution works within the many constraints of the business
Usable — the user can figure out how to use
Feasible — our engineers have the skills and technology to implement it
We look for team members that are not afraid of signing up for outcomes, even when this means having to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
- Provide solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business
- Provide deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our users engage with our products
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the product
- Help set the long term product vision and strategy
- Oversee the delivery tactics and roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 5 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
Come join us and help build the future around the most popular API-related project on GitHub.