Product Designer (Remote)
HTTPie is an early-stage startup building tools for developers and rethinking the human-to-API relationship from first principles. We recently raised a $6.5M Seed Round from Coatue, Blossom Capital, Addition, founders of Monzo, Intercom, and others. Now we’re building out our founding Engineering & Product Team—that’s where you come in!
As the creators of well-loved open-source API tools for the terminal, we’re on a mission to make APIs simple and intuitive for everyone; CLI-lovers and beyond. Our vision is to build a platform helping solve problems that humans encounter throughout the entire API lifecycle. We’re starting with a web and desktop version of HTTPie.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our all-remote team to help shape the future of API tools.
What you’ll do
- Ensure our solutions are usable and delightful
- Own all user touch-points and user interactions over time
- Ensure user experience is treated as importantly as is the functionality itself
- Design interactions and visuals at different levels of fidelity
- Perform tests to validate solutions and collect new insights
You’ll be a great addition to the team if you have
- 5+ years working on technology-powered products
- Passion for great user experience and simplicity
- Solid understanding of usability patterns
- Demonstrated ability to design solutions to complex problems with many constraints
- Experience in tools like Sketch, Figma, Abstract, and ability to jump into new technologies as needed
- Good sense for when to choose a robust vs. minimal solution to move fast
- Ability to comfortably navigate the ladder of abstraction
- Strong communication skills, especially in writing
- Eagerness to learn and share
- Understanding of HTTP and APIs
- Experience working on a product for developers
- Early-stage startup experience
- History of side projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit
What we offer
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- Educational and remote-setup budget
- Unlimited growth potential
- Work on a product that thousands of developers already love and trust
- Being part of a diverse, open-minded and open-hearted team
This is an opportunity to become an essential part of an ambitious early-stage startup. Join @jakubroztocil and the team on this adventure and help shape the future of APIs.