Head of Product Marketing
Apollo's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built an integrated platform for predictive prospecting, sales engagement, and actionable analytics. The platform learns from your client data and uses our database of 200M contacts and 10M companies to recommend the next best action for sales and marketing individuals to take in order to close more business.
We're a profitable and growing Series A company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a strong worldwide remote team with over 6,000 signups per week, and over $10 million raised from investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital.
Your Role & Mission
As a Product Marketing Lead at Apollo, you will be responsible for representing the customer's and market's voice in strategic product & go-to-market discussions, and ensuring that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels. You will report directly to the Head of Growth and partner intimately with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Success, and Operations.
- Refined positioning & messaging of Apollo is reflected on the Marketing Website, and has improved % Visitors that Signup or Request a Demo by 30% by Month 6.
- Refined positioning & messaging of Apollo is reflected in GTM-team communications, and has improved Sales % Win Rate by 20% and % Accounts that Upgrade in Year 1 by 50% by Month 6.
- Refined positioning & messaging of Apollo is reflected in our Product, and has improved our Product Activation by 20% & Self-Serve Conversion by 30% by Month 6.
- Sales collateral created for all major personas, use cases, and features which is rated 90%+ by our Head of Growth and Head of Sales by Month 3.
- Voracious learner, constantly trying to learn more about our customers and how to win our market.
- Outstanding storytelling capabilities: crafting a written or visual story in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Experienced in conducting research and distilling qualitative and quantitative data into insights to drive product positioning, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- Proven ability to work well cross-functionally and with customers.
- Self-starter with a bias for action, who can both execute and strategize, and who is comfortable with ambiguity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct and centralize customer and market research & insights on an ongoing basis and become the go-to expert on our personas, customers, competitors, and market.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to translate insights into product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target personas.
- Evangelize and standardize your product positioning and messaging within the entire organization.
- Work with leadership to own and build upon the GTM strategy for our current product & new feature launches.
- Analyze the customer journey to identify gaps that can be supported by improvements in enablement materials, positioning, messaging, or other trainings.
- Act as a thought leader for the products that you support externally, through speaking engagements and community engagement.
Growth Team Values
Be a Voracious Learner
Learning is embedded into the DNA of our Growth team. The core of what we do is to continuously run experiments to learn more about how to move the metrics that drive the highest impact to the company. Additionally, as individuals we are curious and naturally driven to constantly learn and share best practices and research about product, marketing, sales, our users, our market, our competitors, etc.
Push the Envelope
Be a curious, bold, and aggressive. We're a team of owners, and we're eager to share and hear ideas and opinions on how to improve things.
Raise the Bar, Together
Our team members are constantly striving to improve not only themselves, but each other. We know that if we help each other become better in our roles, we will continuously up-level the caliber of the Growth team and inevitably be wildly successful.
Optimize for Learning Velocity
When working on new initiatives, optimize for gathering the most learnings as quickly as possible.
Everyone that you work with is human. Understand them, their goals/desires, and how they like to work with others if you want to excel at collaboration.
Be Open, Honest, and Constructive
Stay open-minded to the thoughts and opinions of others. Only communicate with honesty to increase trust and minimize confusion. When feedback is given, try to be constructive so that we can all build each other up rather than just pointing out generalized negative/positive things about each other.
Don't Ship to Ship, Ship to Maximize Impact on Key Metrics
Every experiment that we run on the Growth team is calculated, and we must make sure that we are intentional with our decisions by proposing, prioritizing, and delivering initiatives by working backwards from the metrics that have the highest potential to impact the business given the resources that we have.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, and access to all Reforge programs to help ensure that our Growth team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. We're a company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximize impact and work towards their career goals.
Our work environment is highly diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from everyone and egos are left at the door. We're building a long-term company, and we want you to be a part of it! If this type of work sounds interesting to you - please apply and we hope to talk to you soon! :)